Mark Burrows, Dave Rolfe, Jay Hirst and I were on site today
Mark & Dave spent much of the day re-arranging things in storage to accommodate some items that will be moved soon as we prepare to refer them to 50030.
Now we have identified all the wires that go to the roof-mounted switch panel above the driver's side window in No.1 cab, Jay and I identified the pieces of aluminium plating that need to be refitted before the switch panel itself is refitted.
We then started looking at reconnecting the wires to the control desks in No.1 cab that Wes Needle had refurbished, and found all the ones that go to the centre panel had been cut a long time ago, so we started belling them out and marking them as we identified them, so they can be extended to the switches on the panel.
Dave had finished cleaning and painting the two pieces of cowling that go over the main generator as shown in the cover photo for this post.