This is an addon pack for Microsoft Train Simulator, Class 50: The Preservation Era. It includes all eighteen preserved British Rail Class 50 locomotives; in appropriate liveries from after the end of BR service to the present day (roughly speaking, the period 1994 to 2009). Unlike the free Class 50s you can download for Train Simulator, this pack features a totally realistic cab, genuine Class 50 sounds and physics (the models behave like 117 ton locomotives and won't "stop on a dime" if you brake hard!) This pack is also completely "plug and play" - just install from the CD and the 50s will be ready to thrash away in your train sim. That's the only setup and configuration required!
Rolling stock included:
- BR mark 1 coaches in maroon, green, carmine/cream and chocolate/cream liveries.
- BR mark 2 coaches in 1990s InterCity and Virgin Trains liveries.
- The Northern Belle set (crimson/cream mark 2 FOs and mark 3 coaches)
- Appropriate consists.
- A selection of activities for the default Settle and Carlisle route.
Sample locomotives included are:
- D402 in cosmetically unrefurbished BR Blue.
- 50008 in Sea Containers maroon.
- 50017 in lined LMS crimson.
- 50135 Ark Royal in LoadHaul livery.
- D444 Exeter in cosmetically unrefurbished two-tone BR green.
- 50149 Defiance in RailFreight grey.
This addon pack has been developed and is being sold by Renown Repulse Universal, the commercial wing of the Renown Repulse Restoration Group based at Peak Rail. Profits raised will go towards the continued restoration of 50029 Renown and 50030 Repulse.
- Microsoft Train Simulator.
- Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7 (should work on Windows 8 and 10 using Open Rails but not tested; will NOT work on Windows RT)
- 128 MB RAM minimum (depending on what Windows version you have).
- 2 GB hard disk space.
- 32 MB 3D-capable video card.
- CD-ROM drive.
(Top row) 50015 Valiant at Bury Bolton Street, 50044 Exeter at Kidderminster station, (Bottom row) 50017 Royal Oak at Minehead, 50135 Ark Royal at Kidderminster depot.
Please note that the above views are representative of the locomotives and stock included in this pack; you may require additional addon routes for Microsoft Train Simulator in order to recreate them.